Ecclesiastes 9:10 - "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might..."
The Office of Information Technology will provide the quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the mission of New Bethel Church of God In Christ as it applies to the evangelism, teaching, learning, and community service through technology.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for computer, multimedia, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the church.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the Church through software development, training, and other computer support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the Church networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources (computers, printers, wireless access, etc).
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrowcast, broadband, software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies Church programs, products and services.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the Church through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems such as computers, printers, wireless access, etc.
10 am - 2 pm range, normally 12 pm- 2 pm in Conference Room
First Saturday of each month. Date and time are subject to change.
Web Advertising & Flyers
Any requests for web pages, web advertisments, or flyers for ads on the front page of the website should be sent to itteam @ newbethelchurch.com with the date(s) you would like it to be displayed. This type of request should be submitted at least 2 months in advance. The goal is to advertise events on the website at least month ahead of the event, so we can ensure each event is professionally and well represented. This gives us ample time to have an IT Team member to be available for the task and make corrections for a professional product. There may be exceptions to the 2 month rule due to the nature of the task and resources available.
Purchasing computers, software, and various technology equipment for the church should go through the Front Office by filling out a Purchase Form Request in the office. The IT Team is welcomed to be involved in any consultation needed to perform such an operation.
Setup @newbethelchurch.com Email Accounts
We setup @newbethelchurch.com email accounts for auxiliaries, groups, and individuals (working staff members or group leaders). If an email address is needed please send submit your request to the itteam @ newbethelchurch.com and the purpose of the email, and an email address will be setup per approval.
Information Systems Manager
Manages the church's overall internal information technology architecture (set up). I.S. manager (also called I.T. manager) is responsible for the day-to-day management of an organization's information systems, including databases, operating systems, networks, technical support, and computers and server maintenance.
Responsible for designing and developing data flow model and database architecture (set up) for the church internal develop applications and website. An understanding SQL and MySQL database is desired.
Help Desk Technician
Responsible primarily for supporting interoffice staff and classrooms in person, over the telephone, and through remote access. An general knowledge of multifunction printer setup, Windows Operation System (Vista, XP, and Windows 7), software installation, online e-Giving administration, etc.
Responsible for managing and maintaining the Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity and the networking between various computer-to-audio/video components.
Responsible for developing quality media content for the World Wide Web. Multimedia developers use programming and development tools like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Macromedia Flash and other graphic tools to build graphic and media for event flyers, PowerPoint presentation, Adobe PDF, etc.
Manages and maintains an organization's Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireless Local Area Network. Needs to ability to understand setting up wireless networks using DSL modem and wireless routing, basic understanding of IP Addresses, and basic knowledge Windows Operating Systems (Vista, XP, and Windows 7).
Responsible for reporting monthly news information in the New Bethel News newsletter. Skills needed is editorial ability, MS Publisher, and some knowledge of graphic editing.
PC Support Specialist
Assists end-users, either remotely or in person, with personal computer maintenance, troubleshooting, and management.
Responsible for designing and developing web pages for the newbethelchurch.com and newbethelchurch.com subdomains.
New Bethel Information Technology Team aka "NBIT Squad"
email: itteam @ newbethelchurch.com